Abes Workout Log

Thursday, July 5, 2007

More articles

This isn't the one I was looking for, but here's some more articles:

Tips for beating the heat

This one has some good tips on running during the summer. Not exactly complete, but some good advice anyway.

Running is not too hard on the body, part 2

This is part two from the running and injuries that I posted the other day. It wasn't the answer I was expecting, and not exactly something I'd suggest that you guys try to follow. But, if you are having constant pain during running that you can't get rid of, give this a try.

The Aerobic System

This is part two of a series that started a week ago or so. I didn't post it because I wasn't exactly sure where it was going and part 1 was very technical and didn't seem to have any great info dealing with running. This article has a link to part one where you can read it if you want to. Part 2 was interesting and has some good tips on fueling for long distance runs. Not exactly useful for a 10K, but good information if you intend on extending your runs after Abe's is over.



Don't hesitate to ask questions and we'll see you all for a practice 5K race next Tuesday. Show up at the grandstand and we'll do a 5K race with the course yet to be disclosed. As I understand it the clocks will be out and the finishing chute and maybe even a water stop.

No comments: